lundi, mai 08, 2006

BASIC LINKEDIN USERS RADIOSCOPY

The goal of this blog is to have a better knowledge of who participate to the LinkedIn business network.

I personally have on a total of 5.5 millions LinkedIn users:

  • 7300 1st level connections
  • 650000 2nd level connections
  • 2.6 millions 3rd level connections

The added number of my 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels connections show that I roughly have access to 60% of all LinkedIn users. I want to have a radioscopy of whom I miss.

Keyword search in LinkedIn outputs 2 kind LinkedIn users:

  • In a 1st tab: LinkedIn users belonging to your network at 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels up to 500 people.
  • In a 2nd tab: LinkedIn users NOT belonging to your network at 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels up to 20 people.

To have snapshot of LinkedIn users I did a search on a keyword that must have the following properties:

  • be neutral i.e. company or country dependant. (A 1st name would do except that 1st names are culture dependant). The neutrality of the keyword search is validated by the fact that you have the same proportion between people found in your network and people found outside your network.
  • bring less than 20 people NOT belonging to your network at 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels.

After a few tries, I found that the “elna” keyword fullfilled the previous 2 criterias.

16 LinkedIn users responding to “elna” criteria belong to my network while 12 do not, which more or less makes a 60% ratio which is the same as my overall ratio (3.3 millions vs 5.5 millions).

Here is a summary of the result:

  • people in my network:
    • more than 60 connections: 2
    • 8 to 60 connections: 4
    • 2 to 7 connections: 4
    • 1 connection: 6
  • people outside my network:
    • more than 60 connections: 0
    • 8 to 60 connections: 1
    • 2 to 7 connections: 4
    • 1 connection: 6

Here is a tentative radioscopy of LinkedIn users based on a basic snapshot:

  • more than 60 connections -> heavy networker: 7%
  • 8 to 60 connections -> concerned networker: 18%
  • 2 to 7 connections -> average networker: 28%
  • 1 connection -> passive networker: 43%

Technorati tag this: ,

Aucun commentaire: